Job Opportunity – Marketing and Communications Manager
18 September, 2023
Marketing and Communications Manager
£35,000 to £40,000 per annum DOE
Cardiff, Full-time, permanent
Hybrid – 3 days per week in our city centre office
Reporting to FinTech Wales’ Chief Marketing Officer
We are seeking a talented and experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to lead all marketing, events and communication activities for FinTech Wales. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies, managing communication and event plans, and driving awareness and engagement across the Welsh FinTech ecosystem.
This role requires previous experience in PR & communications, event management, and a deep understanding of marketing principles and techniques.
About FinTech Wales
FinTech Wales is an independent membership association and champion of the FinTech and Financial Services industry in Wales.
Our mission is to create a fully inclusive and supportive FinTech ecosystem that enables FinTechs to flourish and succeed thanks to the availability of the best talent, skills and investment, enabling our ecosystem to make a real impact on the global and local stage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the most inspiring and innovative organisations and professionals in Wales. Join us in being louder and prouder of what Wales has to offer, and make it THE place to start up, scale up and accelerate innovative FinTech businesses.
Strategic (20% of the time)
- Analyse – develop annual analysis of the ecosystem to drive insight and the formation of strategic initiatives.
- Marketing strategy – develop a comprehensive marketing strategy in order to promote, elevate and enhance the services and achievements of FTW and our ecosystem.
- Plan – develop a comprehensive promotional plan and activities around Skills, Ecosystem, Funding and Member Amplification.
- Measure – develop a strategic reporting framework that allows us to benchmark the impact of marketing and promotional activity.
Promotion (50% of the time)
- PR & Comms – Lead FinTech Wales’ PR and comms strategy to promote FTW and our members to a local, national and international audience, and engage with existing members and influencers.
- Events – develop and deliver an effective events plan, which will create value for our members and the ecosystem – lead on all planning, promotion and analysis.
- Campaigns – create several key campaigns to help promote key FTW initiatives.
- Brand – work with the Head of Creative to manage the FTW brand, website and social media assets to ensure regular updating and communication of key messages.
- Engagement – as an extension of our members marketing teams, you will lead various amplification and engagement opportunities to promote our members’ products and services.
Manage (15% of the time)
- Marketing team – lead, develop and support the marketing team.
- FTW team – ensure the wider team are supported and have input into marketing activities where relevant.
- External – manage external relationships including agencies to deliver on all relevant marketing activities.
- Member retention – liaise with members regularly to understand what value the marketing team can deliver to, and therefore retain, our members.
FinTech Wales Team Representation (15% of the time)
- Represent – Attend events, meetings and other functions as and when appropriate.
- Contribute – Participate in regular departmental and cross departmental progress meetings.
- Responsible – Act responsibly with data / information held by FinTech Wales that you may have access to as part of your role.
Key Measures (What success looks like)
- Brand – grow FTW brand and recognition.
- Comms – achieve regular and positive PR coverage and a effective communication strategy to inform and engage with members and influencers.
- Events – develop a suite of events that deliver value to members and our ecosystem.
- Social – amplify the success of Welsh FinTechs.
- Membership – attract new, and retain existing members.
- Ecosystem – increase awareness of Welsh FinTechs to the world.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Proven experience in marketing and communication roles.
- Deep understanding of marketing principles, strategies, and tactics.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing channels, social media platforms, and analytics tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create compelling content and engage enthusiastically to demonstrate a genuine interest in understanding and connecting with others.
- Experience of event planning and delivery.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Highly analytical and data-driven mindset, with the ability to interpret and leverage data for decision-making.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative marketing strategies.
- Proficiency in using marketing software and tools, such as CRM systems and analytics platforms.
- Salary of £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
- Hybrid role, based in our Cardiff City Centre office 3 days per week.
- Training budget allocated for your development.
- 25 days annual leave per calendar year, increasing each year you stay at FTW.
- Additional day of annual leave for your birthday.
- Private health insurance.
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- Regular team events.