FinTech Wales Meets with Open University Wales to talk about Degree Apprenticeships
The Open University in Wales’ funded degree apprenticeship programme in Applied Software Engineering is now open and ready for new apprentices to join!
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your own talent as well as attract new talent to your organisation. The degree apprenticeship combines academic study with specific work-based learning modules, ensuring that the apprentice can implement what they’re learning directly into the workplace.
During our sit-down interview, Gemma and Rhys covered the following:
- What is a Degree Apprenticeship?
- Why Choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
- How Do I Take on a Degree Apprentice?
- How Does it Work in Practice?
- What Support Do Apprentices Receive?
- What if They Can’t Complete the Programme?
- How Much Does it Cost?
- Do You Pay Your Apprentice a Full Wage?
- When Does the Apprenticeship Start?
- When Do Applications Need To Be In?
- What Qualifications Can They Gain?
- How Long Does An Apprenticeship Last
- What is The Work Vs Study Breakdown?
If you’re interested in finding out more about degree apprenticeships, contact:
Gemma Hallet – [email protected]
OR Rhys Griffiths – [email protected]